Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Friday the 13th Pirate Invasion!

[Events and Prizes listed below story]

We at Mystic Garden were very excited when we obtained the land to start our Pub & Cafe.
It had been a dream of ours for years.

Our happiness soon faded..
Waking up that one morning to find the pirates was a nightmare I will never forget for as long as I shall live.

Upon rising I began to do my usual check of the shops and library buildings.. This is when I heard the noise.
Looking out the library window I saw smoke rising from the chimney of 'The Blue Cow.'

That's not right, I thought. But perhaps Silvia decided to get an early start on the baking for today.

Running across the yard I quickly realized the smoke was hardly the biggest sign of distress inside the pub.

Loud voices and an awful smell were my first big sign. Peeking in the window I was horrified!
There were men in my pub!

I missed the sound of boots coming as I sat wide eyed in shock and terror.
I let out a loud yelp as I was grabbed by the hair by a man the others were calling Captain.

He dragged me inside my own pub and threw me at a stool.
From my position on the stool, I could see Silvia, our chef, sitting on the floor crying.
I could also see what had been done to my pub in what could have only been overnight.
Garbage and broken furniture.. Bones of what I didnt know.. Nets dripping with salt water..

"YOU STOLE OUR LOOT!!!!" The man called Captain screamed in my face. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH IT!?"

My mouth gaped open like a dead fish. Loot? What was this man talking about?

"OUR LOOT! Where is it!" Still closer down to my face.

I gagged as I caught the scent of the sour whiskey on his breath. For my insult, I was backhanded across my face.

From my new seat on the floor, I just stared up and could barely muster a low "What?"

"This land, Our loot was stored here. Our biggest heist, Our best jewels and riches. And now this... This building stands over where it should have been!"

Horror completely took me over. "But sir, I bought this land. I wasn't the one who started building here..."

"BUT YOU'RE HERE NOW!" The sickly sour whiskey scent hit me again. "So it is your problem now. We will not leave until we are given what belongs to us. IF we leave at all."


I watched as they tied Silvia up, wrapped rope around her wrists and ankles, then threw her back into her corner behind the cafe bar.
I was given a scroll with what they believed I had taken from them, and their demands of me.

I was then carried outside and dropped roughly to the ground by the captains men.
The captain standing just behind his men...

"You may not come back to this building, You may not have your precious Chef.. Until we are satisfied.
If you do not return our belongings quickly.. Well you'll regret more then just losing your land and your chef."


The men went back inside, Laughing as I cried, Slammed the door of MY pub on me!
The sounds of loud men and clinking glass resumed. I ran inside my shops and locked my office door.

Now was not the time to cry, Now was the time to find help!
I sat at my desk and penned a note...



Kind citizens of Britannia,
I am in dire need of help! Men that call themselves pirates have taken over one of my buildings at Mystic Garden.
I fear worse could happen in the future. These men say I've taken their belongings they buried long ago where my pub now stands.
I'm looking for a few kind souls to help me find and collect these items!
There will be a handsome reward to the first people to help!

_______________________________________________________________

This event begins at 8pm est at Mystic Garden.
Coords 109o 5'N 42o 15'E
Green runes will be dropped at all banks.

Upon arrival you will be handed a bag with your rune for the rune lotto, a book with items for the scavenger hunt, a dyed runebook with recall charges and a rune back to Mystic Garden. [Your book will also include runes to other great vendorhouses]


[B]Main Event: Scavenger Hunt. [/B]
Players will be given 45 minutes to collect as many of the items on the list as possible.
[B]Prizes:[/B]
1st: Soulstone fragment token
2nd: One bottle with 5 charges of white natural dye, One bottle with 5 charges of Magenta dye
3rd: One bottle of white dye with 5 charges

[B]Fishing Contest:[/B] Rules to be announced at the event.
Two prizes will be awarded - AOS dyeable blessed Sandals

[B]Pirate Themed Backpack Art: [/B]
We suggest you begin experimenting with your ideas now.
You will be asked to bring your art with you to the event.
Please place it in an extra backpack within your own, or in a pack horses pack.
[If you are not able to bring a packhorse, you will be friended to one of Mystic Gardens so you may place your art in there to be judged. If you bring your own, you simply need to friend a MG staff member for it to be judged.]
[B]Prizes:[/B]
First place will receive one Heritage Token.
Two Runners up will recieve 150k each.

[B]Pirate Costume Contest:[/B]
Come dressed as a pirate! Feel free to use your profile to add details to your costume [It's encouraged!] Be Creative!
[B]Prizes:[/B]
All players that enter the Pirate Costume Contest will receive 10k.
The winner will receive 175k.

All of the winners to the contests above will also receive trophy's with their names on them.

[B]Rune Lotto:[/B]
Five players will have runes that lead them to the winning location for a check worth 50k.


There will also be multiple vendors with free items.
This will include:
Egg bombs, Enchanted apples, Grapes of wrath, Mystic Spells, Begged Items and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment